With summer drawing to a close this is a good time to start preparing for the potentially extreme and unpredictable winter weather with flexible temporary buildings. Protecting stock and equipment as well as bank balances has never been more critical after the challenges of 2020.
If the weather wasn’t enough, the global pandemic has hit hard causing huge economic uncertainty. Quick reactions to the ever-changing economic and environmental conditions could make the difference between prosperity or failure, but what can you do to stay ahead of the game?
Fast, accurate responses in unpredictable times are essential for business survival: whether that’s fluctuations in demand caused by the pandemic (think back to the great loo roll shortage!) or flooding and storm damage.
Businesses with contingency plans for adverse weather or new COVID restrictions – covering all operational areas -are better equipped to not just recover, but thrive and prosper.
One aspect of contingency planning is to know how you can expand storage and operational space quickly and economically for fast expansion and/or stock protection. This is where temporary buildings come in.
How can flexible temporary buildings help?
To help minimise the impact of adverse environmental and economic changes, many businesses have turned to temporary warehouse buildings and structures.
Finding storage space in an emergency can be tricky and, if that space ends up being off-site, could present operational and cost challenges. Flexible temporary buildings enable businesses to protect valuable stock from wet weather and react quickly to unexpected events or economic fluctuations with speed and accuracy – all on-site and for minimal cost.
- Cost savings – huge savings over permanent buildings: no architect fees, reduced labour and equipment costs, simple installation with basic plant machinery. In addition, you can gain value from previously unused land.
- Fast installation – a standard medium-sized temporary warehouse can be installed in under a week resulting in a faster return on investment and minimal, if any, disruption to operations during the build.
- Flexibility –
- Used for a wide range of commercial or industrial applications: short or long-term warehousing, storage, loading bay canopies, workshops, logistics, waste & recycling, retail and much more.
- Temporary buildings can be linked together or attached to existing permanent buildings.
- Available for hire or purchase; any initial capital expenditure can be minimised.
- Suitable for basic weather protection through to semi-permanent warehouses with a range of cladding options.
- Fully relocatable and extendable. Purchased buildings can be sold if no longer required.
- A more environmentally friendly solution – materials used are kept to a minimum; the aluminium frame can be reused and recycled indefinitely; structures may be relocated and reused.
Where to find your temporary building?
- Product advice, service, aftercare. No one knows their product better than the people that make it so ideally choose a manufacturer instead of a supplier. You’ll get a product that is tailored to your needs and engineered to region and site-specific calculations to comply with local building codes.
- Quality assurance such as ISO Certification and CE Marking so that you know where the raw materials are sourced from as well as warranties.
- Price – buying directly from the manufacturer means you get factory direct or trade prices.
- Lead times from the manufacturer will be quicker, especially for “off-the-shelf” buildings. You’ll be assigned a single point of contact who will liaise directly with the design team, factory, fulfilment and construction site teams, making the process more streamlined.
Start your action plan today
Needless to say, there are many other factors to consider when you’re drawing up your contingency plan. Flexible temporary buildings are just one solution to surviving these uncertain times. Even if you’re not ready to invest right now, doing your research now will stand you in good stead. Things are changing so rapidly at the moment that it pays to be prepared. And of course, as a leading manufacturer of temporary buildings, HTS tentiQ Industrial buildings is ready to help answer any questions you may have.
You can create your own prefabricated building using our quick and easy on-line Temporary Building Configurator Tool.