HTS Warehouse in High Altitude Earthquake Zone
L-Series Customised Warehouse
Corrugated Steel Sheets
HTS was chosen to manufacture a high-specification warehouse needed for the maintenance of special trucks and tool storage for a large mining project based 5,000m above sea level in the earthquake zone of the Andes in Chile.
All camp equipment and infrastructure needed to be deployed quickly and easily between multiple locations over undefined periods of time and suitable for long term use in all climates.
HTS were selected to complete this technically demanding project based on the following criteria:
- HTS had prior experience in developing complex engineering projects in aluminium.
- HTS worked with a Chilean engineer to provide a high-specification product to comply with anti-seismic building codes and high snow and wind loadings.
- The HTS L-Series was selected as it can be easily demounted and relocated without losing strength or durability.
- All our technicians and managers underwent demanding medical and physical examinations, ensuring they could work at altitude.
- 1 x L-Series Bespoke Warehouse 17.00m wide by 50.00m long
- 6.00m eave height
- Corrugated steel roof & walls
- 18º roof pitch
- Snow load: 125 kg/m2
- Wind speed: 180 km/hour
- Seismic resistance compliant to Chilean standards
- Initial enquiry to handover took 16 weeks.
- A modular warehouse system that can be dismantled and relocated is vital to the success of projects in the mining industry. This saves time and millions of dollars for the client.
- Temporary structures have environmental benefits as they can be removed without leaving harmful residues that may affect local species of flora and fauna.
- The client has the additional reassurance that HTS Germany provides permanent ongoing support, meaning that any future problems will be are dealt with promptly and effectively.